At Allied Vehicle Rentals, we do all that we can to help our customers find exactly what they need with us. Have a look through our vehicle hire FAQs below to see whether any of them answer your query or contact our team with our team to discuss your specific requirements, or get in touch via our live chat.
- Are you able to deliver hire cars and vans?
Yes we are, for more details please contact us. However there is a charge and its subject to driver availability.
- When I return my hire vehicle can you book me a Taxi?
Absolutely, and we have a number of reliable local taxi numbers.
- Is it possible for me to drop the hire vehicle off out of hours?
You can leave the hire vehicle in our CCTV monitored drop off area and place the keys in the secure night safe. The vehicle remains your responsibly until the start of the next working day.
- What are your opening and closing hours?
Our offices are open 6 days a week, however, if you wish to hire on a Sunday, our Brentwood office is open for half an hour at 9.00 a.m. click here to check our hire office opening times.
- In which way are vehicle hire agreements priced?
Our hire periods are based on a 24 hours, from 8.00 a.m. and are priced daily, weekly and monthly basis, at an all inclusive price. For example, if a hire vehicle is collected at 10.00 a.m. it still needs to be returned by 8.00 a.m. the following day.
- Can I pay for my hire car with cash?
No, all payments must be made by credit or debit card. Please Note – we cannot accept cash payment.
- What are my payment options?
We only accept credit card (Visa or Master Card) or debit card. Unfortunately we are unable to accept American Express.
- Are your offices far from the railway station?
Our Chelmsford Branch is located one mile from Chelmsford Station, Brentwood Branch (Hutton Industrial Estate) is a mile and a half from Shenfield Station.
- Can I use the credit card of another person for car hire?
Yes, but the card holder needs to be present also with proper ID to sign the hire contract.
- What do you require to rent a car?
- You must be between the ages of 21 and 75 (age restrictions apply on cars).
- Held a Full UK licence for 2 years. We will need your DVLA Verification Code when you come to collect a vehicle.
- We only accept the following non UK Driving Licences: European, USA, Canadian, New Zealand, Australian and South African. If this licence has been replaced with a UK licence within 2 years we can not insure you.
- Hirers living in E, EC, SE, N, NW Post Codes are unable to hire.
- If you have more than 6 points on your licence we can not insure you.
- If you have convictions TT, CD. IN, DR, UT not more than 5 years old you are unable to hire.
- C1 or C category is required for vehicles over 7.5ton.
- D1 or D category is required for a 17 Seat Mini Bus.
- You must have held the correct category for 2 years to drive vehicle of that Group.
- We do not except Cash or American Express for payment.
- The Hire agreement must be in the name of the card holder paying for the rental.
- The hire will be subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.
- 2 forms of identification must be produced when collecting the vehicle and not be more than 8 weeks old.
- Can I cancel my hire vehicle reservation?
Let us know about cancellation ASAP. We must be notified at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled delivery time otherwise a charge will be incurred of up to one day’s vehicle hire. If a deposit has been paid then it is non refundable
- Am I able to collect my hire vehicle the night before?
Yes as long as the vehicle is available, also an overnight charge will apply. (Subject to Branch Opening times)
- If I’m under 25 years old, will I be charged an under-age fee?
Yes, for a hirer under 25 an additional charge will apply.
- Can I get a good discounted price for hiring a vehicle by the month?
Yes, you can. We offer very affordable and reasonable rates for short term or long term period hire. Please see our Long Term Hire page.
- Can I check on the condition of my hire car?
Yes. As part of our hire procedure a member of staff will inspect the vehicle with you. You will be asked to agree and sign for any existing damage and fuel before handing over the vehicle.
- What happens if I’m involved in a traffic accident while using the hire vehicle?
Firstly, get medical attention if necessary, then the incident should be reported at roadside to our Insurers on the number provided when you collected the vehicle.
- What happens if the vehicle breaks down ?
Numbers for the Breakdown Agent are provide on the rental agreement, on a card in the vehicle and on keys ring. Further information is available as open when calling 01277 223222 out of hours.
- Is there a different speed limit for vans than cars?
Yes there is and it is essential that, as a hire van driver, you are familiar wise the appropriate speed limits. The Department of Transport website is helpful for this.
- Is off-roading of hire cars, vans, minibuses etc permitted?
No, Off road parking is strictly prohibited as detailed in our Terms & Conditions.
- Can we take the vehicle’s Airside at an airport?
Vehicle may not be taken “Airside” at a airport or Miliatary base, if we are insuring the vehicle. Please call for further details.
- Can I let another person drive the rental car?
You will need to list any additional drivers on your rental contract at the time of collection. If anybody other than the named deriver(s) drives without our consent the hire contract may be terminated and you will be fully liable for all third party claims and extra driver charge.
- Are additional drivers allowed?
Yes, additional drivers are permitted. Additional drivers must conform to the same age and driver license requirement and must be present at the time of rental. (£6 per day is charged for each additional driver).
- Is there an additional fuel charge?
The vehicle should be returned with the same level of fuel that it was supplied with. Any difference will be charged at our published Tariff Rate, this may by means of a calculation.
- Is smoking allowed in my hire vehicle?
No, it is illegal for anybody to smoke in a hire vehicle in the UK. Our hire vehicles display no smoking stickers.
- Are hire vehicles allowed to go abroad?
European hire is an important part of our business. See our European Hire pages. Our European hire package with insurance, breakdown cover and all necessary documentation (V103b copy log book).
- Do you have child & booster seats for use with your hire vehicles.
Yes we do, these can be booked prior to the car hire. It is the hirer’s responsibility to make sure that the child seat is fitted correctly and safely.